Heat transfer printing originated from a SATO company headquartered in the United States，This is the closest to modern thermal transfer printing technology. In fact, as early as the 1750s, John Sadler and Guy Green introduced transfer printing technology.
This technology was widely accepted and quickly spread to other parts of Europe.
So, what is heat transfer technology?
Heat transfer printing is a method of printing patterns on goods of various materials, especially suitable for making a small number of diversified personalized and customized goods, and printing patterns containing full-color images or photos.
The hot press transfer technology firstly uses screen printing, gravure printing and other printing methods to print the pictures and texts on the heat transfer paper or plastic film, and then transfers the pictures and texts to fabrics, leather and other articles by heating and pressurizing.
Heat transfer printing process can be referred to as hot stamping, which can be divided into the following categories:
1. High temperature hot stamping: mainly used for cotton and mixed spinning knitted clothing. Such as T-shirts, pajamas, etc. The design has photo effect, soft and elastic after hot pressing.
2. Low temperature ironing: It is mainly used for nylon cloth and PU artificial leather, such as elastic sportswear, swimwear, down jacket, sports shoes, leather gloves, etc. The pattern effect after ironing is the same as that of high temperature ironing. It is used for elastic clothing with excellent elastic effect.
3. Flocking and ironing: It is widely used in women's silk stockings, men's cotton foam, clothing trademarks, knitted children's wear, etc. The patterns have three-dimensional effects and can be matched in multiple colors. After ironing, it is soft, elastic, and has strong adhesion.
4. Permeation foaming hot stamping: mainly used for cotton, chemical fiber knitwear, cardigan, jeans, etc. The main characteristics are that it penetrates into the fabric, with good air permeability, strong three-dimensional sense of the foam part, good bulge texture, soft feel and strong adhesion after hot pressing.
(1) Place the transfer paper with patterns facing the fabric at the desired position.
(2) Use an iron or a transfer machine to heat under pressure for a few seconds.
(3) Remove the backing paper (three methods).
Cold peeling: Tear off the backing paper slowly after complete cooling.
Hot peeling: tear off the backing paper while it is hot.
Wentuo: Wait a few seconds and tear off the backing paper when it is warm.
(4)When ironing silk stockings, silicone paper shall be added under the printing surface to prevent the penetration of hot melt adhesive.
With the rapid development of modern science, heat transfer printing technology and level have also been further expanded and improved.
Thermal transfer printing technology widely uses computers for image processing and design, and then prints the image on paper (or film) through high-speed and high-quality inkjet printers, eliminating the process of plate making.
The thermal sublimation ink can also be coated on the plastic film and cut into ribbons for application in the printing technology of smart cards.
The electronic digital controlled printing machine can transfer the patterns on the thermal sublimation transfer printing paper to the porcelain plate and metal plate in a few minutes;
It is suitable for making medals, certificates of honor, commemorative plates, portrait porcelain plates, etc.